We could help you make more of your money
Not many of us like adapting to change. We often prefer sticking to the usual routine, supermarket or brand of washing detergent. So it’s usually easier keeping money in the same savings account or staying with the same provider.
But whether you’re saving or investing, have you ever wondered if your money is in the right place? Or could it be working harder for you?
Rather than sticking to what you know, it could prove highly worthwhile identifying how you could make more of your money and considering other potential options – especially if you’re saving over the medium to longer-term.
Where is your money placed?
Perhaps you have existing investments but are unsure whether they’re right for you? Or your money is held in a savings account but you’re unhappy with their returns?
Whilst savings accounts are ideal for short-term needs and provide certain benefits, you may want to look at other routes for your money. For example, placing your money in stock market-linked investments provides greater potential for your money to grow much more over the long run.
However, it’s important to be aware that unlike savings accounts, investing exposes your money to risk, as your capital and any growth from your investments could fall as well as rise. Also, you need to be prepared to commit your money for at least five years.
To give you an idea of how you could make more of your money, you can use our Life Goals Tool.
- By following each simple step you can tell us about your existing savings and investments.
- You can then look at how making changes to the balance between savings and investments could impact on your money pot. This will help you identify whether your money could work harder elsewhere.
- As the tool is fully interactive, you’re able to make adjustments and look at various scenarios.
- You can download an illustration of your summary, which we can email to you if you wish. That way, you’re able to reference back to it whenever you want.
- As well as making more of your money, our Life Goals Tool can help with a range of other financial objectives, including saving for the unexpected or a specific goal.
If you’d like to make more of your money or have another goal in mind, simply click here to visit our Life Goals Tool to find out how you may be able to do this.